Foundation of the Heyne & Penke company by Messrs. Benno Heyne and Heinrich Penke on the 23rd of July, 1906 in Holzminden.
Erection of the first company-owned factory in the Sparenbergstraße in Holzminden.
Extension of the existing space and machinery on a large scale.
Setting up a further production hall.
Start of a significant renovation- and development phase.
A new printing machine hall and extending the office building in the Sparenbergstraße in Holzminden.
The first flexographic printing on foil, representing a further innovation.
As the spacial resources at the company location in Holzminden are exhausted, a plot of land is purchased in Dassel.
Official opening of the newly-built factory at the location of Dassel, and taking a new flexographic printing machine into operation.
First certification according to DIN EN ISO 9002.
Production of the first transfer pictures / tattoo series, a new development of Heyne & Penke.
Extension of a second production hall built in Dassel. Taking a Stellaflex 8-colour flexographic printing machine by Windmöller & Hölscher into operation.
Taking a regenerative post-combustion plant with a capacity of 40,000 m3 into operation at the factory in Dassel.
Extension of the machinery equipment by a 9-colour gravure printing machine type Heliostar by Windmöller & Hölscher.
Gravure printing on foil, making Heyne & Penke one of the few full service providers for flexible packaging.
Certification according to DIN EN ISO 9001.
Extending the factory in Dassel by a third production hall.
Taking a Comexi-laminating machine, type Nexus Dual into operation, for an even more efficient production of two-layered composites of various foils by using solvent-free adhesives, up to a maximum order width of 1315 mm.
Construction of a 350 sq.m. warehouse for printing colours, extending the printing plant by 700 sq.m. and enlarging the laboratory and material testing by 120 sq.m.
Taking a 10-colour gravure printing machine Windmöller & Hölscher Heliostar GE10 with an inline-laminator into operation.
Investing in a wax-coating plant by Kroenert.
This machine with a coating width of 1400 mm allows for a high production speed. One single working step performs a double-sided coating, and, if requested, also as a high-gloss coating.
In February 2008, we were certified by the TÜV Nord (Technical Surveillance Association North) according to the international standard DIN ISO 22000: 2005. The extensive conditions include, amongst others, strict HACCP principles. HACCP stands for “Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point“ and guarantees our customers that the food safety regulations are observed.
In Dassel : In July the „topping-out ceremony“ takes place at the new constructions of Halls 4 and 5 and September sees the ground-breaking ceremony for the new office building .
Hall 4 is finished (Production Hall for the reel splitter machines and packing department)
and also Hall 5 (Storage Hall for finished products and gravure printing cylinders).
In January the administration moves to the new building in Dassel. This concludes the relocation of the company from Holzminden to Dassel.
Peter Penke-Wevelhoff as Commercial Director und Christoph Penke-Wevelhoff as Technical Director took over the company management following their late father and former owner of the company Hans-Peter Penke-Wevelhoff.
Taking a new Miraflex 8-colour-flexographic printing machine by Windmöller & Hölscher into operation. This flexographic printing machine is equipped with 2 additional inking units for lacquer application.
Investments in production technology and environment protection e.g. new photovoltaic park for generating our own solar electricity.
- Our new Bobst laminating machine went into operation.
extension of production halls
start-up of a brand-new 11 colors rotogravure printing machine Heliostar SL von W & H