On July 23, 1906 the company Heyne & Penke was founded by Mr. Benno Heyne and Mr. Heinrich Penke in Holzminden.
Construction of the first company-owned factory at Sparenbergstraße in Holzminden.
Massive spatial and machine expansion.
Construction of another production hall.
Start of a significant renovation and construction phase.
New printing machine hall and extension of the administration building at Sparenbergstraße in Holzminden.
Further innovation: the first flexo film printing goes into production.
Company location in Holzminden
Since the location of the company in Holzminden no longer allowed spatial expansion, the acquisition of property in Dassel.
Opening the new factory building in Dassel and putting into operation a new flexographic printing machine.
First certification according to DIN EN ISO 9002.
New development at Heyne & Penke: production of the first transfer pictures/ tattoo series.
Extension of the second production hall in Dassel. Putting into operation the 8-colour flexo printing machine Stellaflex from Windmöller & Hölscher.
Launch of a regenerative incineration plant with a capacity of 40,000 m3 at the Dassel factory.
Further expansion of the machinery park with a 9-colour gravure printing press Heliostar from Windmöller & Hölscher.
Gravure printing on film makes Heyne & Penke one of the few full-range suppliers in the flexible packaging area.
Certification according to DIN EN ISO 9001.
Expansion of the plant in Dassel for the construction of the third hall.
Putting into operation a Comexi Nexus Dual laminating machine.
From now on, even more efficient production of two-layer composites from different films using solvent-free adhesives up to a maximum laminating width of 1,315 mm.
Construction of a 350 square metre ink store, expansion of the printing plant by 700 square metres and increase of the laboratory and material testing areas by 120 square metres.
Putting into operation a 10-colour gravure printing machine Heliostar GE10 with inline laminating system from Windmöller & Hölscher.
Investment in a wax coating machine from Kroenert.
With a coating width of 1400 mm, this machine provides high production speed.
This allows applying a double-sided coating in a single operation, if desired, also as a glossy coating.
In February 2008, we were certified by TÜV Nord according to the international standard DIN ISO 22000: 2005. Complex conditions include: strict HACCP principles. HACCP stands for "Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point" and guarantees our customers compliance with food safety regulations.
In Dassel: in July, the ceremony of completing the main structure of halls 4 and 5, and in September - the ceremony of laying the foundation for a new administration building.
Completion of hall 4 (production hall for the slitter and packing)
and hall 5 (warehouse for finished goods and gravure cylinders).
Moving to Dassel
Moving to Dassel
In January 2012, the administration moved to the newly built premises in Dassel. This completed the company’s final relocation from Holzminden to Dassel.
Peter Penke-Wevelhoff, as a General Manager, and Christoph Penke-Wevelhoff, as a Technical Director, took over the management of the company after the death of their father and former company owner Hans-Peter Penke-Wevelhoff.
Putting into operation the new 8-colour flexographic Miraflex printing machine from Windmöller & Hölscher. This machine has 2 additional ink stations for lacquer and varnish applications.
One million Euro Investment in production technology and environmental protection - construction of a photovoltaic park for own power generation, besides others.
- Putting into operation a new Bobst laminating machine
- BRC certification
Extension of the production halls
Putting into operation a new 11-colour gravure printing machine Heliostar SL from Windmöller & Hölscher
Further expansion of infrastructure and machinery park
installation of the new automatic reel slitter TB 10/SB from SAGE and more investments to come